Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1/13/2010 Post

What problems do you want to work to solve? Be as descriptive and complete as possible, and perhaps relay the mission statements of the organizations you are thinking about writing on behalf of here.

I don't know that I want to work towards solving a problem...and if I do, I haven't even begun to truly think about it. Ultimately I guess my main point to proposal writing would be to get business start up money for myself and those close to me...so that ellipsis was about 30 minutes of trying to think of something else to blog to no avail. So I'll stop here, because anything else would be disingenuous.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Dominic! I just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm looking forward to seeing you in class. I am getting to the end of biz development and almost ready to roll out a small engineering firm with partners in Papua New Guinea. I have a background in chemical plant operations, so I'm thinking we may have some similar interests. Anyway, just wanted to send out friendly classmate greetings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dominic,
    It's definitely difficult to decide what organization or individual you want to write for. Fortunately, it looks like there's still a little time to settle on who you will write your grants for. Good luck. I look forward to another class with you.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to include the prompt here. That helps you later when you look over and review your work. Do spend some more time thinking about this. Proposals are much more effective if they work to solve a problem. See what you think after reading the first three chapters in GRANT SEEKING. Must find a way to match up mission statements.

    ReplyDelete